Baby and Permanent Teeth (Phase 1)
What is Phase 1?
Phase 1 or early interceptive treatment is orthodontic treatment that starts when children are between ages 6 to 10 before all the permanent teeth have erupted.
What are the advantages of Phase 1 treatment?
The goal of Phase 1 treatment is to develop the child's jaws to make room for existing teeth and for incoming permanent teeth.
- Can fix existing teeth straightening conditions
- Can prevent pre-existing bit issues from worsening
- Can improve the look of a child's growing smile
- Can help with thumb sucking or tongue thrusting
- Can make Phase 2 treatment shorter and trouble-free
Can we help for Phase 1 treatment?
Yes, we can do Phase 1 treatment for your child's mix of baby & permanent teeth. Find a location here or start a virtual consultation to learn how our doctors can your child grow into their amazing smile.