Rubber Band Horoscopes: What Your Color Says About You
October 17th, 2012
One exciting part about wearing braces is getting to choose the colorsof your rubber bands. Orthodontists place elastic bands, or ligatures,over each bracket to secure the archwire in place. These rubber bandsmay be individual or connected, depending on your mouth’s needs. Youhave the option of choosing the color of your elastics, which are changedabout once every month at every visit. Our offices keep a color wheelhandy to help you choose which ones suit you best!
Children and teens often enjoy picking different colors each month toexpress their creativity and coordinate their braces with outfits. Decoratingyour mouth with your favorite colors is fun for kids and takes some ofthe stress out of wearing braces. Adults who wish for subtlety have coloroptions that blend in with the metal brackets and archwire. Common choicesfor adults include silver, clear, and gray tones.
Common Color Combinations for Rubber Bands
With individual ligatures for each bracket, you may choose differentcolor combinations for special events. You can have alternating colorsor place an entire rainbow over your teeth. Here are a few options toconsider:
• School spirit colors
• Favorite sports team colors
• Patriotic colors
• Holiday themes
Some patients choose only one color to match their mood, personality,or favorite outfits. The palette of choices allows you to make bold statementswith your braces or go for subtler tones that blend in with the metalstructures. Keep in mind that bright colors make your teeth look whiter,while lighter shades, such as yellow and white, may cause your teethto appear less bright.
What Your Rubber Band Color Says About You
• Red tones indicate that you are ready for action and take charge ofyour life with aggressive, forward-thinking steps.
• Blue tones are calm and relaxing. You are conservative and exhibitintegrity when dealing with situations.
• Green tones represent growth and balance. You are level-headed andlook for opportunities to grow emotionally and spiritually.
• Purple tones attract creative energies. You like to have fun and useyour imagination in every aspect of your life.
• Orange tones indicate that you are optimistic and thrive in socialsituations where communication is open.
• Pink is a romantic color that represents a caring personality. Youalso enjoy having fun with silly games and endless laughter.
- Meet Orthodontic Team
- New Patients
- About Orthodontics
- About Braces
- Orthodontic Treatments
- First Aid