October is National Orthodontic Health Month!
October 05th, 2012
Can you believe it’s already October? For those who don’t know, it’sNational Orthodontic Health Month. This month-long event is organizedby our pals at the American Association of Orthodontists, or AAO.
Our team realizes that this is a great opportunity for us to raise awarenessabout the importance of oral hygiene. National Orthodontic Health Monthalso aims to recognize the dedicated work of orthodontists and otherdental professionals.
The AAO recommends patients avoid the following Halloween treats, orrecipes with these ingredients:
• Popcorn (including un-popped kernels)
• Jelly beans
• Hard pretzels
Trick-or-treating safety guidelines:
• Young children should always be accompanied by an adult
• Carry a flashlight
• Wear a light-colored or reflective costume
• Choose face paint over masks for young ghosts and goblins
• Have an adult inspect all treats before the children dig in
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call or askus on Facebook. Have a fun and safe Halloween!
- Meet Orthodontic Team
- New Patients
- About Orthodontics
- About Braces
- Orthodontic Treatments
- First Aid