November 24th, 2010
Dr. Eichel and team would like to wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving. It’s a big food holiday, so be careful what you eat with those braces! If you have any stories or pictures to share with us, we’d encourage you to send them along or call our office and ask how.
Dr. Eichel’s top ten tips for a healthy smile
November 18th, 2010
Keeping your teeth clean is more important than ever when you have braces. Food bits have more spots than usual to hide in your mouth, so you must be diligent in order to avoid bad breath, swollen gums, discolored teeth and cavities. That’s why Dr. Eichel gives each of our patients an electronic toothbrush after placement of the full braces as a part of our Ortho Essentials Program. If you remove plaque regularly during treatment, you’ll experience better results, improved oral hygiene and shorter treatment time.
Keep plaque at bay with these top ten tips:
- One tooth at a time. When you brush, take time with each individual tooth – at least 10 seconds each – and pay careful attention to the spots where your teeth touch your braces.
- It’s all about the angles. Brush the tops of your teeth and braces with your brush angled down toward where they meet. Brush the bottoms of your teeth and braces with your brush angled up.
- The tooth, the whole tooth, nothing but the tooth. While the front surface of your teeth may seem like the most logical to clean, it’s equally important to clean the inner surface of your teeth (tongue side) as well as the chewing surface. And be sure to clean along your gum line – a key spot for plaque buildup.
- Step 1: eat, step 2: clean. While you’re in treatment, it’s important to brush after every meal. Bits of food can easily get caught between braces and teeth, and these food bits interact with bacteria in your mouth to cause decay. The longer food is in contact with your teeth, the greater opportunity for plaque to form. If you are eating somewhere that you can’t brush, thoroughly rinse your mouth with water.
- Like a Boy Scout, always be prepared. The easiest way to be sure you can brush after every meal is to get in the habit of taking a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss with you wherever you go. Designate a special container just for your teeth-cleaning tools and keep it in your purse, backpack, or laptop case.
- Remove the moving parts. If you have elastic bands or headgear, remove these parts before you brush or floss.
- Fluoride is your friend. Fluoride helps prevent cavities. Be sure to brush with fluoride toothpaste, and rinse with fluoride mouthwash.
- Pointy brushes reach tiny places. Interproximal brushes (sometimes called proxa brushes or interdental brushes) are cone-shaped and come in very handy for reaching spots around your braces that standard brushes can’t.
- Find the floss for you. Regular floss works for some patients, but others find it easier to work with a floss threader, which helps you get the floss into tight places. Other patients like an all-in-one product called Superfloss, which comes with a stiff end for easy threading, a spongy section for cleaning wide spaces, and regular floss for narrow spaces.
- Make time for the pros. It’s your job to take care of the everyday cleaning. But make sure to visit your dentist regularly while in treatment, to get the deep, thorough cleaning that only a professional can provide. If you need help finding the right Dentist for you, feel free to
contact our office – we’d love to help!
Hope this helps!
Dr. Eichel and Team
At Eichel Orthodontics, a pursuit of excellence
November 12th, 2010
At Eichel Orthodontics, we make every effort to provide you with the best orthodontic treatment. For us that means achieving consistently great results. There are many things that help Dr. Eichel do that. Some of them are:
- Using the most up to date and proven technologies available – Our patients benefit from advanced techniques for correcting improperly aligned teeth and jaws. Eichel Orthodontics invests in state-of-the-art equipment, supplies and technology, including computerized digital imaging.
- Spending time and resources on continuing education to stay current and relevant – Our doctor is a member of the American Association of Orthodontics and many other Dental and Orthodontic Associations. Continuing education for our doctor and staff is high priority and we greatly exceed the required hours though various seminars and staff training.
- Training our entire team on new techniques – Our staff has over 100 years of combined experience and are all CPR certified. Our office has created over 5,000 amazing, beautiful smiles!
- Educating our patients about the pursuit of excellence – We offer faster means of communication, including account access 24 hours a day, seven days a week – all through our website!
If you or a family member has been thinking about orthodontic treatment, please give us a call. We look forward to seeing you.
What do you love about our Montgomery community?
November 02nd, 2010
Every city, town, village and neighborhood is special with its own personality, created by the people and places living within. Our team at Eichel Orthodontics is dedicated to providing a fun, positive and rewarding place for our patients
and parents. It is our mission to be the community’s leading provider of orthodontic services.
Today, Dr. Eichel and our staff would like to share a few reasons why we love serving and being an active part of Montgomery, Blue Ash, and Loveland, OH.
Here are a few reasons why we love our location:
- Montgomery’s downtown Heritage District is a quaint area of 120 unique shops, services, and restaurants, with 8 properties on the National Register for Historic Places.
- The Montgomery Inn is world-famous, and one of our local favorite spots for taste bud tingling ribs.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Graeters is a fourth generation, 134 year-old, ice cream parlor with over a dozen locations in Ohio and Kentucky.
- Kings Island, located northeast of Cincinnati in Mason, is the most visited seasonal amusement park in the U.S.
- We love our Cincinnati Reds and Cincinnati Bengals!
- The Mason, Ohio Beach Waterpark is a premier Midwest travel destination for thrill-seeking guests of all ages.
We would love to hear about your favorite places for eating, shopping, and entertainment within Montgomery, Blue Ash, and Loveland, OH. We are interested in learning about what makes your community “yours.” Feel free to post your responses on our Facebook page, or give us a call !
- Meet Orthodontic Team
- New Patients
- About Orthodontics
- Damon® System
- AcceleDent® Aura